Iowa Telecommunication Companies Support Planning Grants
Aureon and their independent telecommunication company members are providing the foundation for thoughtful growth in many rural communities across Iowa. Five communities have recently received a Ripple Effect grant, funded by Aureon, plus matching funds from their local independent telecommunications provider, to support individualized creative placemaking planning strategies for their respective communities. Creative community placemaking is a people-centered approach to building strong communities through the arts, cultural and entrepreneurial amenities and catalytic projects.
In all cases, McClure Engineering is the organization hired to develop and implement the plan. The following initiatives are underway:
- Engage Keosauqua, supported by Van Buren Telephone Company
- The City of Stanton, supported by Farmers Mutual Telephone Company
- The City of Valisca, Supported by Farmers Mutual Telephone Company
- The City of New Market, Supported by Farmers Mutual Telephone Company
- Green County/Jefferson, Supported by Jefferson Telecom
The specific elements of the plan are determined by the community make-up. Components may include cultural space development and programming, workforce and entrepreneurial attraction incentives, main street business plans, trail system expansions, housing projects and more.